Last night (7 November), De Doelen in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, once again hosted the Maritime Awards Gala. Some 700 maritime professionals witnessed the presentation of five maritime awards as well as a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Every year, five maritime awards are presented at the Maritime Awards Gala: The KNVTS Ship of the Year Award, the Maritime Innovation Award, the Maritime KVNR Shipping Award, the Maritime Designer Award and the Maritime Royal Netherlands Navy Van Hengel-Spengler Award.
This year’s winners were:
- KNVTS Ship of the Year Award: Viva, one of the largest yachts built in the Netherlands, designed and built by Feadship/Royal van Lent Shipyard
- Maritime Innovation Award: Corrosion with the UV-C Cooler
- Maritime KVNR Shipping Award: Van Oord with the Vox sister vessels Ariane, Apolonia & Alexia
- Maritime Designer Award: Kirsten Odendaal MSc has shown that advanced data science techniques can be used to improve ship energy predictions
- Maritime Royal Netherlands Navy Van Hengel-Spengler Award: Saskia Alberts with the Concept design of an Unmanned Dipping Sonar Boat
Lifetime Achievement Award
This edition of the Maritime Awards Gala also saw the presentation of a different award to the ones handed out every year: a Lifetime Achievement Award. This award was presented to Kommer Damen for his achievements, working methods and contribution to the Dutch maritime sector.
Maritime Awards Gala
The Maritime Awards Gala is an annual event that celebrates the innovative strength of the Dutch maritime industry. It is made possible by main sponsors Praxis Automation Technology BV, Anker Crew Insurance, Damen Shipyards Group and NNPC.
Couldn’t be there yesterday? Please find an impression of the festive event below.
All pictures by Gerrit de Boer/SWZ|Maritime.