What will be your scalable solution for this decade? The Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA) and Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Center for Zero Carbon Shipping (MMMCZCS) have partnered to offer a conference that will provide a platform to discuss the scalability of current technologies and policies that will transform the shipping industry.
The social demand for an environmentally conscious transition of sea trade is encouraging shipowners and regulators to take on this challenge with technical and operational solutions to meet the environmental goals.
RINA conference topics
Among the topics to be discussed at the RINA conference, which takes place 29 November – 1 December at the Wereldmuseum in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, are:
- Wind propulsion scalability: Opportunities & challenges – International Windship Association
- Hull air lubrication: A practical, proven energy saving solution – Silverstream Technologies
- The role of graphene in decarbonisation – Stolt Tankers
- The GUTTA-VISIR system for operational ferry CO2 savings – Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change
- Low-carbon socio-technical transition in container handling equipment – ESMT Berlin
- The Silk Alliance: Experience and initial lessons from a green shipping corridor cluster – Lloyd’s Register
- The role of offshore floating nuclear power plants for the production of green electro fuels for the decarbonisation of shipping – Core Power
- Quantitative risk assessment of ammonia-fuelled vessels: Lloyd’s Register & MMMZCS
- The FASTWATER Demonstrator: Retrofitting a pilot boat to methanol operation – Ghent University
- Ports playbook for zero-emission shipping – Pacific Environment
- Energy efficiency improvement for larger passenger ships through hydrodynamic testing – Croatian Shipbuilding Corporation
- Increasing awareness and fuel efficiency by sharing operational insights with vessel crews – Hapag-Lloyd AG
- Using smart marine coatings to improve the carbon intensity indicator of the ships – Graphite Innovation and Technologies
- Energy efficiency: Data-driven approaches to hull coating specification and selection – Safinah Group
- Alternative shipping fuels: Modelling wind-farm-to-wake emissions – University of Southampton
Key note speakers are Torben Nørgaard, Head of Energy & Fuels, MMMCZCS, Octavi Sadó Garriga, Ship Design Manager, MMMCZCS, and Claus W. Graugaard, Head of Onboard Vessel Solutions, MMMCZCS.
For more information and to register, please visit the RINA website.