Huisman will deliver a 3000-mt Ringer Crane to Denmark-based BMS Heavy Cranes. The crane setup has been optimised for operations in the wind industry. It can lift components of 1200 mt at heights of up to 225 m, and heavy structures of 3000 mt at reduced height, the crane will ready BMS for installation of next generation wind turbines on and offshore and on floating foundations.
The crane is also well suited to operations in other industries. The fully electrically driven crane helps reduce emissions and improves operational accuracy and energy efficiency ensuring its suitability for use in the renewable energy industry.
Delivery of the crane is scheduled for the second half of 2023. BMS has taken an option for a second unit.
David Roodenburg, CEO at Huisman: ‘We are passionate about designing large cranes and are grateful to BMS for the opportunity and their trust. We can’t wait to see this mega crane in real life. We are happy to once again be applying our experience in a project that aligns with our vision of accelerating the growth of renewable energy production.’
Ringer Crane features
- A fully electrically driven system, resulting in high positioning accuracy, efficient energy use, reduced maintenance and higher reliability.
- Modular ring system, allowing for a full 360° ring being used, or a portion of it – depending on specific site layouts.
- Easy breakdown in road transportable pieces enables easy relocation of the crane.
- A dedicated boom setup, thus ensuring a lightweight and stiff design.
- Upending of the crane can be done without the use of assistant cranes.
- Very low ground bearing pressure.
- Operable in higher winds than traditional cranes.