Acta Marine has named the latest addition to its fleet, the Acta Centaurus. The Walk-to-Work Construction Support Vessel will mostly be deployed for offshore wind projects, the first of which will be the Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm.
After taking delivery from Ulstein Verft, Norway, at the end of April 2019, the Acta Centaurus made its maiden voyage to Den Helder. The naming ceremony took place on Wednesday 22 May in Den Helder, the Netherlands, and was performed by Mrs. Marianne van Oord. The vessel is named after one of the stellar constellations in the northern hemisphere, Centaurus.
First Job in Offshore Gas
Acta Centaurus’ first job has already been completed by providing Dutch energy company ONE-Dyas Walk-to-Work support for a short maintenance campaign on the M7 Gas platform in the Dutch North Sea.
Deutsche Bucht Offshore Wind
Currently, the vessel is being made ready for its first assignment in offshore wind. The Acta Centaurus will soon mobilise for the start of its charter with MHI Vestas Offshore Wind to support the installation and commissioning of 33 V164-8.4 MW MHI Vestas turbines at the Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm in the German Exclusive Zone.
Second Ulstein SX195 Design
Acta Centaurus is a sister vessel of Acta Marine’s Acta Auriga which has been delivered in 2018 and has worked non-stop on the BARD1 Offshore Wind Farm. The successful concept has resulted in the addition of the second Ulstein built vessel. These vessels are jointly developed with Ulstein SX195 design features, an SMST 3D-compensated gangway, and a 6 ton 3D-crane as well as the special Ulstein X-Bow and X-Stern that optimise the overall seakeeping and workability of the vessel. The vessel has a 120 persons capacity and a helideck. In addition, the Acta Centaurus will be outfitted with a hybrid battery package to further reduce fuel consumption and with that contribute to a lower CO2 footprint.
Acta Marine's first Walk-to-Work vessel is the Acta Orion, delivered by CIG Shipbuilding in 2015.
- Type: DP2 Construction Support vessel
- Delivery: April 2018
- Flag: Dutch Class society: DNV-GL
- Classification: DNV-GL +1A SF, E0, Offshore Service Vessel, Walk2Work, Strengthened (DK, HA), DYNPOS (AUTR), CLEAN (DESIGN), COMF(C-2, V-2), NAUT(OC), BWM(T), BIS, SPS 2008.
- Autonomy: approx. 30 days
- Length o.a.: 93.4 m
- Breadth moulded: 18.0 m
- Depth moulded: 7.6 m
- Draught design: 5.6 m
- GRT: 6050 mT
- Deadweight @ design draught: 2600 mT
- Weather deck (Deck A) area: 500 m2
- Main Deck area: 500 m2
- Weather deck (Deck A) max load: 250 mT
- Main Deck max load: 650 mT
- Main diesel generator: 2x 1700 ekW / 2x 940 ekW
- Emergency generator: 1x 200 ekW
- Stern thrusters: 2x 1500 kW @ 0 – 1200 rpm
- Bow thrusters (tunnel thruster): 1x 1040 kW @ 1200 rpm
- Bow thrusters (swing-up thruster): 2x 880 kW @ 1800 rpm
- Maximum speed (@ 5.0m draught): 13 knots